In the UK there has been a massive increase in demand for outside catering. You only have to look around your local music festival to see that sheer amount of catering options available to consumers. Unlike restaurants.. outdoor catering requires a trailer - to bring equipment, food and supplies to the venue.
This little guide will show you that looking for catering trailers for sale is easy when you know how to do it..
Like any big purchase it's worth asking yourself the following:
1. What kind of catering are you looking to get involved in? Burger vans.. are unique and can't be used for other things. If you are just looking to move equipement then a more generic form of trailer will be required.
2. Do you need to cook in your trailer? The majority of catering trailers have the ability to provide cooking facilities. If you don't need this.. then looking at general trailers will help to you quite a sum of money.
3. When do you need you trailer? If you need a trailer in the next 2 days.. then spending a week looking on ebay at second hand trailers will not cut the mustard. If you require a trailer soon.. then you need to look at new trailers.
4. Price.. with all big business purchases you need to spend enough but not go over budget. This can be tricky is an auction place as you can caught in bidding fever..so choose a budget and stick to it like superglue!
5. Transport.. how far for do you need to travel? Do you require a trailer than can "drive itself"- then you need to look at catering vans.
Once you have decided what you need you trailer for then you need to know where to find your catering trailer. My main advice is to check out ebay.co.uk as it has the most auctions and is free to join and bid on trailers. However if you require a new trailer then it's best to check out a local trailer showroom in your area. Yes, you will pay more if you go to a showroom.. but i suggest checking them out in person and then looking for a better price online. Searching Google is the consumers best friend.. so make have a good look online to find your trailer for cheaper than your local showroom.
Sometimes getting a catering trailer for less than RRP can be the difference between business success and failure. Most business will fail within the first year.. so keeping start-up costs down is very important if you want to turn your buisness into a regular income.
- Decide on what type of trailer you need.
- If you need second-hand then first check out ebay before other smaller sites
- If you need new.. then check out your local showroom then search for the model online to find a cheaper price.